Cinnamon sugar cake
Sometimes we have seasons of bad luck. Someone steals our wallet, we step into dirty water puddles, we cut our finger with a knife again and besides we do not get the visa for that trip we’ve been planning. But then comes the day when someone give us back our documents, there are sunny days and blue skies, and we also prepare the perfect cake.
After a short summary of what happened the last two weeks I want to introduce this delicious recipe, originally published in Pastry Affair, a blog 100% recommended by me.
Cinnamon Sugar Cake with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Brown sugar cinnamon buttercream:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C. Grease and flour two round cake pans.
- Mix in blender butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the sour cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla essence and beat some more.
- Divide the mixture into the two pans and bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.
- For the frosting: beat butter and brown sugar, add the cinnamon and salt. Add powdered sugar gradually, alternating with the cream until desired consistency. If the mixture is too thick add a little more cream, and if it is too runny add a little more powdered sugar.
- To assemble, place one of the cake layers on a plate and spread 1/3 of the frosting. Then put the other layer on top and cover it all with the rest of the mixture.
- For the final touch sprinkle a little cinnamon and garnish with cinnamon sticks.