Honey chicken wings and baked vegetables
Last week, including the weekend, I had the opportunity to go to several restaurants and to try many types of food. Bogota is filled with many special places that have great flavors to offer, and that’s something that helps balance the environment we live in the city. There are increasingly more ideas to innovate or to follow trends from other parts of the world when it comes to eat. The good news is that amidst all that homemade food it always has its place.
This dish came on a whim from my mom who wanted to eat chicken wings made from a recipe she tried at a very dear friend’s place. The side vegetables were out while the wings were in the oven, and I must say it worked out well and perfect to complement my lunch the next day.
For the honey chicken wings:
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- coarse salt
For the baked vegetables:
- 1 yellow zucchini yellow
- 10 asparagus
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 white onion
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lettuce heads
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
- Mix honey with soy sauce and put half of the mixture into a large bowl.
- Put the wings in the bowl, add some salt, and mix well to marinate for half an hour.
- Arrange wings in an aluminum pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Add a little more of the mixture of honey and soy sauce using a brush and bake for 20 minutes.
- When the wings are golden brown and toasted should be turned and brushed again with remaining mixture. Bake for half an hour more, or until you get the desired color.
- For the vegetables: boil the asparagus in boiling pot, ensuring that the tips left out, so they cook with the steam. To find out if they are ready insert the tip of a knife and it should easily pass through the center of a stud.
- Shave the zucchini and asparagus with a peeler and make nice ribbons. Keep the stud tips.
- Chop the portobello mushrooms and onion into large pieces.
- Put all the vegetables in a tin and bake with olive oil, salt and pepper for half an hour.
- I recommend serving with lettuce hearts and a refreshing lemon, salt and olive oil vinaigrette.