Key lime pie
I’m surprised how easy it was to prepare this recipe. The day I made the corn chowder needed a dessert and wanted to do something that was just as easy and delicious, with the same dose of memories.
Key lime pie reminds me of a friend from school, who I guess still loves it, because this weekend I had supper at her house and she had prepared something like it for dessert. I must say cooking is an excellent exercise for the mind, keeps us focused on following a recipe and this is great if you want to clear your thoughts. Moreover, the result is delicious.
- 7 egg yolks
- 2 cans condensed milk (about 800 ml)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Lemon peel
Para la base:
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 125 gr (one stick) butter, soft or melted
- 7 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
- Prepare the crust by mixing the crushed crackers and butter with your hands.
- Put the mixture on the pyrex and press with your fingers to form the crust.
- Beat the yolks for five minutes at maximum speed. Add the condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon peel, beating between each ingredient.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the meringue by beating the egg whites until stiff. Add sugar and beat some more.
- Line two baking trays with foil and use two spoons to put the desired size meringues.
- Remove the pie from the oven, let cool and refrigerate for one hour.
- Lower the oven temperature to 100 ° C and bake the meringues for an hour, or until firm.
- Decorate the pie with the meringues and lemon peel.